Poles Apart But Northern Irish Will Prov

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-5-31 18:18:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
As Ian Holloway would say, its squeaky bum time. A Northern Ireland win, and they are in pole position, whilst if Poland win, the race for qualification Solomon Hill Jersey  is wide open once more. Gone are the days where Northern Irelands last few games are treated as meaningle s, as after an abysmal start, Nigel Worthingtons troops have swung the momentum full tilt in their favour.But Poland will be no easy task. Whilst Windsor Park is made into a fortre s for home matches, the Silesian Stadium will prove to be a living hell-hole for the men in green. Add to that Northern Irelands poor recent away form, and most would say that Poland are ma sive favourites. Jarrod Uthoff Jersey  In contrast, the pre s has recently stated that Poland, whilst they can play attractive football, are extraordinarily tetchy when behind, so an early Northern Ireland goal could prove to be pivotal. And with Poland still avenging their 3-2 reverse in March, Northern Ireland will have to concentrate fully, or their hopes could be dashed. Steve Davis said, Well be first to admit ourselves that our away form hasnt been god enough. Weve relied too much on our home form and if were going to have realistic aspirations of qualifying for major tournaments we have to pick up points away from homes and that starts now, going to Poland.Whilst they are reknowned for liking a bit of banter, no-one needs to tell the Northern Irish fans Rawle Alkins Jersey  the seriousne s of this matchFour Northern Irish players will run the gauntlet in Poland, with the risk of mi sing their crucial home encounter with Slovakia. Gareth McAuley, Jonny Evans, George McCartney and Ryan McGivern all know that another misdemeanor will rule them out, although McGivern is likely to start on the bench. Captain Aaron Hughes and Stephen Craigan are almost certain to start, with the other three yellow-periled defenders vying for the remaining berths. Kyle Lafferty and Chris Brunt are available for selection after serving suspensions, but Chris Baird is definitely out. Lafferty, likely to be partnered with Martin Paterson or David Healy up front, feels he needs to kick start his season in Chorzow. He told the Belfast Telegraph, Its been a frustrating start to the season having to sit out, but the lads have done well at Rangers and I know it will be hard for me to get back into the team. Its good for me to come away with Northern Ireland now and I feel ready after doing  Josh Hart Jersey extra training because I havent been playing games.Jonny Evans will be walking the disciplinary tightropePoland, meanwhile, pose more than a wary threat. Ebi Smolarek. surprisingly still a free agent, has19 international Julius Randle Jersey  goals to his name andwill cause huge problems with his height, whilst Jacek Kryznoweks trickery could lead to a crucial goal. Captain Michal Zewlakow will be a tough nut to crack, so Northern Ireland will be have to be on top of their game to come away with anything.Ebi Smolarek could prove to be a handfulMy prediction? Northern Ireland to hold out for a score draw. Whilst they might not have the attacking flair of their Eastern European counterparts, their sheer grit and determination should see them come home with something. Expect it to be a long, hard slog.

主题

1万

帖子

2万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2024-5-7 20:19:39 | 显示全部楼层

主题

1万

帖子

2万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2024-5-7 20:20:42 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|NFT数字藏品交易-全球交流论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 00:47 , Processed in 0.147223 second(s), 20 queries .

NFTOTC!

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表