Lutons Tom Lockyer thanks medical staff

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2023-5-31 19:33:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Luton captain Tom Lockyer has thanked medical staff for their swift and thorough response after collapsing during his sides Sky Bet Championship play-off final victory against Coventry.The defender fell to the floor while running back during the match and received treatment before being carried off the pitch on a stretcher.The game went to penalties after Jordan Clarks opener was cancelled out by Gustavo Hamer to finish 1-1 after extra time, and  Kevin Plawecki Jersey the Hatters secured Premier League football for next season with a 6-5 victory on penalties.Luton players held up Lockyers shirt throughout Dustin Pedroia Jersey  their celebrations and the captain posted an update on Instagram.He said: Well not quite where I thought Id be celebrating at the final whistle!View this post on InstagramI would just like to say a ma sive thank you to the amazing physios and doctors at Luton and Wembley for the swift and thorough response.A much scarier moment for everyone else than myself I am sure!Commiserations to Coventry a fantastic opponent over 3 games which had to be decided by penalties.I am currently in hospital under precaution and will stay here overnight for further tests in the morning.I am feeling very much myself, helped by the way the lads left it all Jim Rice Jersey  out on pitch! Its such an honour to be part of this team.. Premier League baby.A thrilling finale at Wembley saw victory secure a return to the top flight for Luton for the first time since 1992.It is a remarkable turnaround given just nine years ago the  Roger Clemens Jersey Hatters ended a five-season stretch in the fifth tier, but manager Rob Edwards admitted emotions were mixed afterwards following Lockyers collapse.I felt a bit numb. I just made sure I shook Marks hand and his staff, Edwards said.I dont want to be that guy that just starts running off and celebrating before Ive seen the other manager.I just felt very numb. I still do. It hasnt sunk in quite yet. It might  Bobby Doerr Jersey take a few days, but its great. It does feel good.It was mixed because of Locks (Lockyer), thats why I couldnt really go for it celebrating.

主题

1万

帖子

2万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2024-5-8 00:42:37 | 显示全部楼层

主题

1万

帖子

2万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2024-5-8 00:43:40 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|NFT数字藏品交易-全球交流论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 04:59 , Processed in 0.123714 second(s), 20 queries .

NFTOTC!

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表