AI, an opportunity for the legal profession

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2024-2-19 12:45:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Artificial Intelligence is here to stay, whether we like it or not.

Adored and feared by time, we are, is my thought, fortunate to attend this new stage in the life of humanity. Its consequences are some predictable and others unpredictable according to our current system of thought and beliefs.

It should be noted that humanity usually shows fear of what is ignored and reacts, at times, opposing those inventions whose effects it does not know or predicts are opposed to its interests, without realizing its need and almost duty to be flexible and adapt. to new work methods. Think, for example, of the horse-drawn carriage transporters of yesteryear without adapting to four-wheeled automobiles.

As an example, the invention of the mop (1956) by the Aragonese Don Manuel Whatsapp Database Jalón, in which the cleaners strongly opposed because they thought it would take away their jobs, protests and fears that did not prevent its development and evolution, and that time showed they did not. They took away work but made it easier and faster .

Returning to the practice of law, many lawyers and jurists fear AI , starting from one thought: that it will take away or reduce their work.

I have a very different opinion, my professional life and the experience of the constant evolution of the professional practice of law since 1980, with constant legislative, procedural and formal changes, to which I have been adapting without more effort than interest, work and continuous study, to the point of considering it habitual, sees in AI a new and exciting opportunity, a new way of practicing law, posing new challenges and facilitating the work of practicing the profession, providing searches and data, even contributing new ideas and perspectives to the thinking of the lawyer, of the jurist that will facilitate their work.

For this reason, I do not think that it represents the disappearance of the practicing lawyer, as many fear, but rather the need for the lawyer to have extensive knowledge of the subject in which he develops his practice, to know how to discern information, whether correct or incorrect, and to take advantage of it. AI, and ultimately new jobs and features .

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|NFT数字藏品交易-全球交流论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 04:26 , Processed in 0.128796 second(s), 19 queries .

NFTOTC!

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表